Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new R1000 is at the bike shop ready to be picked up. I ride mountain bikes mostly but decieded to get a road bike and there are so many pedals for the road bike. I need help!

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Why not use the same type of pedals? It may not be aesthetically correct, but it's more practical.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
04R1000 said:
My new R1000 is at the bike shop ready to be picked up. I ride mountain bikes mostly but decieded to get a road bike and there are so many pedals for the road bike. I need help!
I use MTB pedals on my road bike. That way I can use my MTB shoes when I anticipate having to do some walking (going to the store, going to work) and road shoes on other rides. Having common pedals just simplifies things for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use Crank Bros EB's on both my roadie and mtb

Love them and not having to switch out cleats or have multiple sets of shoes.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
04R1000 said:
I always seem to over look the simple and best answer! Thanks
Did you get the black or the lime-green R1000? I have the '03 sorta Saeco gray/red.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Saeco colors

lemonlime said:
I have the '03 sorta Saeco gray/red.
I just picked got my new R3000 in Metallic Blue. The strange thing is that it has a Saeco sticker on it. C'dale's website doesn't show any blue Saeco models.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lemonlime said:
Did you get the black or the lime-green R1000? I have the '03 sorta Saeco gray/red.
I got the Black R1000 today, My roommate ordered the lime-green R1000 at the same time but Cannondale doesn't have any and won't be making any untill Feb. 28th. Which is no big deal I guess because the weather isn't great here now anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speedplay pedals - No doubt

Ever since they sponsored our university team, I've been a big fan of Speedplays. They're pricey, I guess, but I've never had a problem with them (the road pedals, that is) and they look oh-so-cool.

Once you get past the initial adjustment phase (people compare it to walking on ice), you'll never go back to standard pedals...plus the weight is minimal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts