Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is "chinorrodeloscojones" racist? Got a complaint the name was highly inappropriate but no good way to check-

Thanks for your help!

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Coolhand said:
Is "chinorrodeloscojones" racist? Got a complaint the name was highly inappropriate but no good way to check-

Thanks for your help!
What's the context?

I think the simple answer is "probably".

It's 4 words really, and I'm betting the way "chinorro" is being used is vernacular since it seems at a minimum to have something to do with debris. "También conviene limpiarlos y retirar cualquier chinorro que se haya quedado introducido en la banda de rodadura".

For example means "always clean and remove any trash that's stuck in the treads."

Anything using "cojones" is probably not good.

Eduardo would know.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
de los cojones probably makes it even worse.

I don't know what chinorro means, but I'm betting it's more offensive than racist.

Eduardo would know.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
2571 said:
Yes. Anti-Asian & generally vulgar.

¿Where did you acquire that coarse stuff?
"Chinorro" is slang for Chinese? New one on me. I was angling towards a genital insult (between the other meaning for "chinorro" and the obvious words.)

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,112 Posts
UPS!

sorry if I'm late...

after a quick search (never heard "chinorro" before in my life) its an ugly way of refering to something Asian Chinese

"de los cojones" well, cojones it's a bad word..

So I support Terry
TerryB said:

a little context would help!

:D

Eduardo would know.

·
4,112 Posts
terry b said:
What's the context?

It's 4 words really, and I'm betting the way "chinorro" is being used is vernacular since it seems at a minimum to have something to do with debris. "También conviene limpiarlos y retirar cualquier chinorro que se haya quedado introducido en la banda de rodadura".

For example means "always clean and remove any trash that's stuck in the treads."

Anything using "cojones" is probably not good.

Eduardo would know.

maybe means something like "dirty nuts" ?!!

/deeznutz

·
Registered
296 Posts
Coolhand said:

Thanks for your help!

I say just ban the person for the sake of coming up with something that required you to think and ask for help :thumbsup:

·
4,112 Posts
according to the Dictionary a "chinorro" is a little stone, like a pea...

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
mtymxdh said:
according to the Dictionary a "chinorro" is a little stone, like a pea...
Hence the comment in my post about removing the debris from the tire tread.

No expert but I think it is likening someone's cojones to something small, dried up and hard.

·
4,112 Posts
terry b said:
No expert but I think it is likening someone's cojones to something small, dried up and hard.
so in conclusion it's more of an self-insult than racis

·
4,112 Posts

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2571 said:
Yes. Anti-Asian & generally vulgar.

¿Where did you acquire that coarse stuff?
This may make sense in context- poster was unhappy about this mainland China source frame breaking. One complaint said his name was a racist slur.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Coolhand said:
This may make sense in context- poster was unhappy about this mainland China source frame breaking. One complaint said his name was a racist slur.
And Thien resolved this.

·
4,112 Posts
Coolhand said:

with that info I'm sure its racist, the few places where I found that word was in "fine watches" forums, and people where talking about cheap chinese knock-offs.

Racist and offensive. :mad:

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
My textbook and Mexican coworker learned Spanish has never heard this word.

I don't think it's "real...". I sense a vernacular pun -- perhaps a portmanteau of "chino" (Chinese / Asian) and "chamorro?"

But, yep, we all know cojones.

Eduardo, though, could he mean "ballsy" by "de Los cojones?"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts