Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cannondaleman
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I had the unfortunate experience with my bike coming off of the bike carrier (my fault) and I need new Ultegra nameplates for my 6610, 9 speed shifters. Does anyone know where I might find some? I've already done the Google search. Thanks fellow cyclists!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Are you sure you have the right number? Ultegra 6600 was all 10 speed. I don't know what 6610 would be.

Anyway, google/ebay is probably the best way to find these. An alternative would be to go to an LBS and get them to look it up on QBP and/or call into Shimano.

·
Cannondaleman
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitly could be wrong about the number. I know for sure that it is 9 speed Ultegra. I couldn't find any numbers on the shifters themselves,I am just comparing pictures on the internet in my search.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
6510 is the triple version of 6500.

Just search for 6510 name plate - you can even buy them from Amazon.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Oops, probably wrong about that. 6503 would be the triple. 6510 was a redesigned model:

"The original 6500 STI levers had a dreadful rattle caused by the name plate/cap design and there were numerous forum and magazine articles giving quick fixes. The 6510 was Shimano's redesign to eliminate the problem."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.