Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i have been mt biking for 3 years and just recently (1yr) gotten into road biking. i currently ride an old (93) trek 1000...alluminum frame, cromoly fork...rough.

anyway i am looking to spend around $1300 and it seems like by best options are either a new felt f75 (from lbc) or try to get a giant TCR composite for that price from ebay.

i want a bike i can ride fast...but also something that is comfortable(relative) to ride long distance. any thoughts???

also, how are fuji bikes? i have never seen them before and a lbc carries them.

thanks

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Felt's are a good combination of comfort and speed for an aluminum bike. They often have decent component specs also for the price. If you look through the recent postings someone wanted to know about the F75 and there were some replies. All positive. The TCR composite is a great bike and for the same price on EBAY you may be able to find one with 105 components. Personally, I'd take the Giant over the F75 but I've only test ridden Giants and have put couple thousand miles on the Felt. Fuji is a good midline bike. Pretty soon you'll get one poster in particular who will tell you they are all made at the same factory, blah, blah, blah. . .but in general any of these bikes would do you well. Again, my choice would likely be the TCR if I knew it would fit me. Just a warning, it is a compact frame so I would find one somewhere that you could test ride first to make sure it is going to fit you and what size you need (i.e. med, large, etc). The Felt and Fuji's will come in 54, 56, 58cm, etc. sizes and will have a more traditional geometry on them. If this is your first new bike in quite a while you're going to want to test ride the heck out of anything you can get under your butt. Trust me, there is a difference in ride characteristics and feel. . .no matter what one particular poster is probably going to tell you. See what feels good to you. Ride it slow in the parking lot with a lot of slow turns and then take it out for a 1/2 hour cruise. It'll help a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.