Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a set of handlebar pads that go under the tape. I have seen a couple that look kinda hokey (just straight strips of pad) and want to know if there is a generaly consensus on a particular brand. I would hope that somebody makes pads that are somewhat shaped to fit on the different sections of the bar, but maybe that is asking too much.

I am particularly interested in what folks think about the Fizik system as my local Performance carries that stuff. There is no shortage of Specy dealers around here too, so I have access to the Bar Phat as well.

Lemme hear what ya'll think.

· Registered
3,245 Posts
I have both the Fizik and the Specy on two different bikes. They both work well. I think I like the Fizik better. I have read several bad reports on those red form fitting ones.

· Banned
6,492 Posts
Cut an inch from the end of a yoga mat, if you have one around (my daughter has several), place the strips where you want them on the bars and wrap. It's the perfect feel for me, and it's free if you don't count the day or so you have to listen to, "Dad, you RUINED my yoga mat."
Pointing out that the mat is still two inches longer than she is doesn't help, by the way.

· Registered
2,177 Posts
i swapped to round handlebars, and use spec roubaix tape. the "edge" of the flat top bar seemed to cause some of my numbness. however, i'm very happy with my current setup, and think this roubaix tape is fantastic.
but i must admit, i keep eyeing my wifes yoga matt!
: )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.