Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
lacofdfireman said:
Currently riding with some Sidi Genius 3 Mega wide size 48's... I have never ridden in anything else and have decided that I need to try something different because I have always had a problem with my toes going numb... I keep reading the a carbon some might eliminate this... Not sure if it will but am willing to try.. So I would like to try a different brand and hear good things about Northwave... Not sure what size to get? Street shoe is a 13 and I wear the 48 in the sidi's which I feel fit ok but not much room in the length left over... Any suggestions on a decent pair of Northwaves? I hear they have a wide toe box.. Also what about a company that would have a decent return policy if I end up buying and they don't fit? Any help or info on what to try, even if not Nothwave I am open to suggestions... Budget is $250 or less...
The Sidi Megas never fit my wide feet very well. The heel was too wide for me. The Northwaves are a perfect fit for me and hold my heel very well. The problem is that Northwave has changed their last to a narrower width, starting maybe 4-5 years ago. If you and find models like Hornet,Evolutoin or Aerator, you will have a wide shoe. Keep an eye one bay to find them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts