Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find reasonably priced plain black cycling socks which are pretty much exactly the length pictured here?

White Carmine Wire Synthetic rubber

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Why would you want plain black sox when you could wear stuff like this...

Bike :thumbsup:

If you sort through I'm sure you can fine plain black
I have a pair of sockguy socks. I'm not a fan, I think they're poor quality for cycling.

The ones I linked can be bought plain white or black, depending on your shoe color. They're far superior in most every way for cycling if you ask me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
A cotton blend for cycling?!? Your feet must not sweat nor do you ever ride in the rain. Those Ebay socks are for gamers not athletes.
SockGuy socks are some of the most comfortable cycling socks I have tried. They wick well, they fit well and can be placed precisely around the toes instead of having some big Ebay sock wad of fabric at your toes. They are thin, some people prefer thicker, more padded socks.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
A cotton blend for cycling?!?
yeah, we're talking cycling, not playing dodge ball in a 1978 middle school gym class.

anyway, I only use Swiftwick socks in the summer and they seem really good. But then again I use a number of different brand's merino wool non cycling specific socks when it's cold and they work fine too.
So I don't think it really matters as long as the material doesn't absorb sweat and the thickness doesn't f up the fit of your shoes.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,449 Posts
yeah, we're talking cycling, not playing dodge ball in a 1978 middle school gym class.

anyway, I only use Swiftwick socks in the summer and they seem really good. But then again I use a number of different brand's merino wool non cycling specific socks when it's cold and they work fine too.
So I don't think it really matters as long as the material doesn't absorb sweat and the thickness doesn't f up the fit of your shoes.
+1 for Swiftwick. They have a nice light compression and come in just about any color or length you can think of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.