Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2005 Jamis Ventura Comp and like it just fine. My LBS said it was one the better deals for beginners (from the bikes they carried). I haven't had any issues with it. Replaced the seat and put some Ultegra pedals on it and is doing me just fine. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought one of these as my first road bike. My only misgiving was the colour... the rest of the parts were exactly what I wanted :)

Having said that, the orange colour is growing on me, and I really like the way it rides. I have nothing to base it on since my other bikes are MTBs, but it feels smooooth. I've had no real problems with it (aside from needing to adjust the high limit screw on the front derailleur, which took all of 2 minutes). One of the reasons I bought it was that my LBS recently updated their rental fleet to these bikes. I figured if the LBS likes them enough to make them their rental bikes, they must be decent, and they're good value for the money too.

- Jen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.