Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a washer for an old set of Campagnolo Super Record braze on shift levers. As you may notice, the body on these are wider than the normal friction shifters of that era. I have never seen them before or since I bought this rare (and rediculously expensive) set on ebay...does anybody know the story or history on them too? They work the same as the Mavic/Simplex Retrofriction shifters of the same era, and the C-Record and such Campy stuff from a later time. I would be interested if anybody knew the history on these as well as helping me find a washer that I somehow lost.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anybody ever seen these before? I'm curious on where to find the washer, as well as if anybody knows any history on these as I have never seen them before or since.
Thanks!

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Never saw those in the day.

dayshay said:
Has anybody ever seen these before? I'm curious on where to find the washer, as well as if anybody knows any history on these as I have never seen them before or since.
Thanks!
The friction shifters Campy made back then were skinnier in width, as you point out. They have similar washers, but are larger in area than yours pictured.

Any old machine shops around your area? Electronic component manufacturers or repair shops? Might find a close match. Or use any washer of the right dimensions, available from parts suppliers online.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Campy shifters

Hi do you know how mwny speed may tolerate the Campy syncro shifters ?I,m building a old frame but I have at this time Campy 10 spd castte?
thank´s

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
duboisdeflute said:
Hi do you know how mwny speed may tolerate the Campy syncro shifters ?I,m building a old frame but I have at this time Campy 10 spd castte?
thank´s

IIRC synchro was 7 (and crap), syncro II was 7/8 (the spacing was the same back then)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts