Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend some relatively inexpensive (> $200) wide shoes? I would prefer MTB shoes, but I'll take what I can get. LBS special ordered me some wide shoes and they were too narrow.

·
Registered
902 Posts

Shimano and Lake both make shoes in wide sizes. Giro HV (High Volume) are their wide shoes. Sidi calls their wide shoes Mega's. I don't think any of those 4 brands makes wide versions of all of their models but you should be able to find something that'd fit. I'm sure there are other brands with wide sizes as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Shimano mountain bikes shoes are wide enough for me to avoid binding and pain.

For road shoes, I couldn't find any inexpensive options. I shelled out for a Lake wide model, and finally got rid of my usual days of foot pain post-ride.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Some Shimano mountain bike shoes come in wide sizes. I've been using them for years. I buy the SHXC90 model in wide. It's above your budget, but a great choice if you want to spend the extra money. Soles are very stiff. Best part, they fit my wide 'E' width food comfortably. A bunch of places had them for $100 or so off last week. I picked up a spare pair cause with bike stuff, you can never assume you'll find something you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, just like everyone else I'll recommend Shimano :D Was my first side shoes(I've got extremely wide feet, was struggling for long time to find a decent wide shoe) and pretty much been buying same model every year or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts