Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and i don't want to pay $35 each. somebody help me. the sickness continues.

at first glance (trisports.com), the only 650c tires i can find are the mich pro race model, and having ridden them in 700c on eddy2, i'm sincerely displeased with the "resilience".

the tri bike is done, but is an abomination with blue/green axial pros (yes they were cheap). must satisfy the tri-geek anti-fashion police. priorities 1 and 2: ditch the tires for something in yellow. brighter = better. ditch the carbon cages for something in yellow (profile ekages, since they're kitchy and ugly, just right). :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
How does $34.99 sound then?

One of the fellas here at work thinks he has a set at home, new in the box. I'll let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
650 tires are usually difficult to find; and, are even more difficult under $35. Supergo has Hutchison Carbon Comp Gold Elite for $34.95

Did you notice the red/yellow and black/yellow Tufo Jet Special Tubular Clincher at Trisports.com but at a (gulph) $52.95 ... but how many cyclists are going to have red/yellow!!! TubularClincher?!! ... "The TUFO tubular clincher provides the benefits of tubular tires on clincher style rims using a specially designed strip bonded to the regular tubular tire. The tubular clincher does not require rim tape or glue, is easy to replace without tools, can be ridden flat, and has riding properties equal to those of a tubular tire."

I won't mention that tri-zone.com has the Vittoria Corsa CX in yellow/black at $74.95!!!

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
J's Haiku Shop said:
and i don't want to pay $35 each. somebody help me. the sickness continues.

at first glance (trisports.com), the only 650c tires i can find are the mich pro race model, and having ridden them in 700c on eddy2, i'm sincerely displeased with the "resilience".

the tri bike is done, but is an abomination with blue/green axial pros (yes they were cheap). must satisfy the tri-geek anti-fashion police. priorities 1 and 2: ditch the tires for something in yellow. brighter = better. ditch the carbon cages for something in yellow (profile ekages, since they're kitchy and ugly, just right). :rolleyes:
J, you must be using the Chucks bikes special. I don't have a source for yellow and will probably be using the same tires since I'm building a Chucks Bike triathon special and trying to build it on the cheap.

Let's see a picture of the beast.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, not chuck's

but most of the kit came from chuck.

picture forthcoming. she's sleeping over with a friend early this week. may come home tonight.

frame is a 1999 quintana roo te quilo purchased from bikefarmer.com.

will post pic of finished build w/details asap. thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts