Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I recently acquired a used bicycle unlike any I've ever seen. It's a 10" kids bike, the only identifying markings are "Sears" and "MX13" and it has hard rubber tires. The odd thing about about this bike is that it has 3 pedals. The 3rd pedal is a brake pedal. I am attaching pictures. If anyone has any info about this bike and would like to share it, we would really appreciate it. Thank you to all.

Attachments

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
I hope when you say "acquired," you mean that somebody gave it to you.

Looks like an awful bike that no child should use, let alone learn on. Sorry for the bad news, but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree. It is definitely not for a child. We are just trying to identify the bike because it is so odd. I think it is very old also. Yes, it was given to us.

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Specifically made for Seas and Roebuck, early version of BMX bike I'm thinking early 70's.

I remember having a bike very similar, solid "hard" rubber tires but no 3rd foot break pedal.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Someone here directed me to this resource when I had a similar question. I had a bike (Royal Enfield) made in the '70's that I couldn't find anywhere. This website had a scanned page of a catalog it appeared in. Good luck.

VeloBase.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are going to teach a kid how to ride on this bike - I suggest just removing the pedals and lower the seat so his feet touch the ground. Then let him 'push' the bike around for a while. Soon he'll be lifting his feet and coasting on 2 wheels.
You'll know when to put the pedals back on.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I don't know anything about it, but it definitely looks unique, and is in pretty good condition for it's apparent age. I'd imagine it might be collectible.

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
Interesting little bike. Semi-pneumatic tires, third pedal activates a spoon brake that rubs against the rear tire, and the chain guard screams early 80's, maybe mid-late 70s. I remember seeing a 1985 model that is similar in appearance, but it was called the 'BMX' and had plastic mag wheels and had a coaster brake. I don't think there's much value in these, but I'd like to see the other side of the sticker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts