Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your opinion. I have a Venge ViAS that is matte black with white S-Works lettering. I have too many black bikes right now and I considering having it custom painted chrome with black S-Works lettering. I will leave the seat post, stem and handlebars black but chrome the frame. I figured I'd reach out to the forum since I am driving my wife nuts about it. What are your thoughts?

I have attached a picture of a Shiv that Censport painted for an athlete a while back. The chrome was the base coat for the Shiv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or should I go with this finish? It appears to be a little less shiny.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
For me, I like the second one much better.

I'm not sure I would like having to deal with keeping a chrome bike clean.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I think the second one would be better too. I also thought about just having it painted white with black lettering. Want to keep it simple and clean looking.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The chrome bike is mine. While it sure does look awesome just all chrome like that, I went a little further with some more details. With that being said, it is very easy to keep clean. But it's not a cheap finish to get done if it's done the right way.

I am also looking to paint my Vias soon in the near future once I get tired of the reflective design and would love to incorporate some chrome into my design. Censport always does steller work. I would either contact Ron from Specialized or highly recommend Censport as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts