Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if anyone of you can help me with this.

I'm was using a Reynolds Stratus DV wheelset with campy cassette till recently, I changed a bike and it is using the shimano system now. The problem is that my local distributor has ran out of the shimano freehub body therefore, I can't use my wheelset.

1) Is there any shops or online retailers selling the shimano freehub body?
2) According to Reynolds, my 2005 wheelset is not using the White Industries hubs but the Reynolds hubs. Therefore, is there any other brands of freehub body that can be used to fit in the wheels?
3) Anyone here selling the shimano freehub body?

Thank you all for your time and help.

Jameson

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
MonkeyGod81 said:
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if anyone of you can help me with this.

I'm was using a Reynolds Stratus DV wheelset with campy cassette till recently, I changed a bike and it is using the shimano system now. The problem is that my local distributor has ran out of the shimano freehub body therefore, I can't use my wheelset.

1) Is there any shops or online retailers selling the shimano freehub body?
2) According to Reynolds, my 2005 wheelset is not using the White Industries hubs but the Reynolds hubs. Therefore, is there any other brands of freehub body that can be used to fit in the wheels?
3) Anyone here selling the shimano freehub body?

Thank you all for your time and help.

Jameson
most likely, only the freehub bodies that Reynolds makes will fit the wheel. didn't you ask Reynolds if they could sell you one? otherwise, just ask your distributor to order you one. these are race wheels, and I assume you're not racing for a bit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
camp-shim

You can use your campy wheels with a shimano system. The adjustment takes a bit of time and the tolerance is low, but a good mech will be able to make it work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts