Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
i don't disagree with you...but aren't all bars in a neighborhood?

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are all in somebody's neighborhood.

They are nicer when you can walk home, and they have good stuffs when you are there.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
10ae1203 said:

They are nicer when you can walk home, and they have good stuffs when you are there.
now that's a poast i will whole-heartedly get behind :p :D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
10ae1203 said:

So true, especially when you actually know all the folks who work there, they know what you drink and you are almost certainly going to see someone there to chat with (or not, depending on your mood).

Think I will go around the corner to my local this evening.

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a new local (to me). They know what I like now... Here's to the local watering hole.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Bein in the burbs sux. ya gotta drive to a bar. they razed the bar in my old neighborhood. that was a sad day.

Growing up there was a neighborhood bar three blocks up. one morning they found a dead body in somebodys yard. the guy had been followed out of the bar, beaten and robbed, and left to die. the area was rezoned and the bar shut down.

there also used to be a strip club called "sugars." I have no idea how they got through the zoning board. it relocated when the storefronts were razed to make way for a gas station and record/head shop. It is now in a really bad part of town. And busted for prostitution quite often.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
I grew up in Cleveland where there was literally a bar on every corner...ethnic bars.... Irish bars, Italian bars, etc...

The bars were long and skinny...pickled eggs...shot and a beer type joint... The obligatory old drunk on the same stool every night...

One thing I noticed moving to Texas was the lack on neighborhood bars.. Stupid laws say 50%+ of sales have to come from food so it kills that concept of the a shot and a beer joint.....There are a few but nothing like back in Ohio and Michigan...

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I went to a new bar in my neighorhood last night for the first time. It opened less than a week ago, and was already packed. Found out one of my friends works there, and barely paid for drinks. Place is awesome.

I do have several other bars with in 5 blocks of my house, but none of them are places I would want to go. This new one is worth a 20 minute walk home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts