Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in the 2011 Specialized Tarmac Pro DA last week so it was time to hit the mountains. We headed up to the Gaps in N.GA to do the back three. Brasstown, Neil's and Hogpen. Hogpen is the climb that all of the pros still talk about from the Tour de Georgia that no longer runs due to lack of sponsorship money. On the backside of Hog...you can easily rise above 50 mph by just letting off the brakes. Too bad it is like riding on 30 grit sandpaper.

We ended up taking up some friends that had never ridden Hogpen before so it was cool to see them get up and over successfully.

Shot some video footage you can see below and here are the stats from the ride. This was the day before the 6 Gap Century that everyone ended up doing in the rain.

Back 3 Gaps Ride Stats

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow, the last hill is one hell of a climb! 1455 feet of ascend in 4.5 miles!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
balatoe said:
Wow, the last hill is one hell of a climb! 1455 feet of ascend in 4.5 miles!
Hogpen gets your attention quickly...that's for sure. When you hit it about 65 miles in on 6 Gap it is a real eye opener.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a garmin 305 and I upload my stats to garminconnect.com as well. I used training center before and had my data stored on the hard drive. I lost all my data 6 months ago when I hard drive crashed. Ever since the crash, I have been uploading my stats to garminconnect.com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts