Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was in junior high, I was a huge comic book nerd. I haven't really kept up since then, but for the occasional uber-hyped "graphic novel" from time to time. Recently though, I came across the marvel comics app in the app store. Mainly out of boredom, but they have some free comics on there.........I think the idea is that the get you hooked, and then get $1.99 per issue out of you.

I've only read free ones so far - two bucks per issue seems outrageous (I sound like my father here - "those were a nickel when I was a kid!"). I'm reading them on my iPod, which I have to say, they look fantastic, albeit a bit small. It's actually making me see how an iPad would be nice........

So, yeah....I have an itch that needs scratched. I notice the marvel site will let you view unlimited digital comics on your computer for $10 per month (or $5, if you get an annual subscription), but you can't transfer them to any other sort of device. Any other alternatives out there I'm not aware of?

·
Administrator
12,953 Posts

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
Crud. I wish I still had my comic collection. Most issues set me back 25 cents or less.:eek:

·
Registered
11,066 Posts
I had BOXES of comics from the late 1950s and early 60s...Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Our Army at War/Sgt. Rock, Lt. Johnny Flying Cloud, Donald Duck/Scrooge/Huey Dewey Louie, Archie/Jughead....yadda yadda..

can't believe the parentals made me give them away. there had to be at least a few collectibles in there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts