Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I received my Neutron Ultra's about 2 weeks ago and now have 5 rides on them.

Based on all I heard and read in other reviews, I am happy to report that they are far better than what I was expecting.

They are as smooth and solid as anything I've ridden before, and trust me, I've ridden it all. They roll like a dream. Are they as smooth and fast as my Bora's Ultra 2's, no, but let's be realistic with our expectations.

I will continue to use these as my daily wheels and will likely rotate them with my Eurus 2-way fits that I hope to have in a few days. Once I do, I will let you know how they compare.

Regardless of all that's been said, in my personal opinion, it's a true pleasure to ride these.

With regards to the complaints I've read saying how hard it was to get the tires on them, I did not experience this. In fact, I put Vittoria EVO CX and Conti 4000s on them with only a single tires iron. It was no different than any other tires I've put on before.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
looks awesome - it really suits the bling of your bike... nice quality... that said i just built up a 28/32h set of wheels that came to 1384g... would have been ~1350g with a rear record hub instead of a hope... they weren't a lot of money either...

just wait till you break a spoke - wheels will be pretty unrideable... especially the 16h eurus... campy wheels are nice quality - but so far handbuilds just win on practicality and replacement IME...

that said, don't think most customs would suit your bike.... it had to be campy wheels eh? it just works... :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts