Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there an easy to remove the neuvation stickers?
i pulled one off and it left this sticky thing... the sticker's glue i assume...
is there a way to get this glue off and the others easily?

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you have a heat gun, put it on high (about 10 inches away from the wheel) and go over the sticker for about 5 seconds. Peel it off. Whatever glue is leftover, put a little bit of mineral spririts on a rag and rub it off.

If you don't have a heat gun, use a blower dryer.

Also, check out the Neuvation website, John also explains how to remove the sticker.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Decal Removal: warm w/ heat gun or hair dryer.

Glue residue removal: Any of many solvents: alcohol, mineral spirits, ligher fluid, goo gone, etc. Always recommended to test in a hidden place first to make sure it doesn't damage finish, but normal enamel or laquer finishes won't be harmed by any of these things Avoid things that are designed to strip or dissolve hardened paint of course.

This goes for any stuck on plastic stuff from car stripes and dealer tags to stick-on decals to pick guards on guitars.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I used a blow dryer on high heat, turned to low, and ran it over the decal for about a minute and a half. Peeled it away, but most of the time it'd leave plenty of glue residue. Then I just used slow, firm pressure with my thumb and rubbed it all off. Probably took around 3 and a half hours for both wheels!! :eek: Man, my thumb was raw the next day :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
I left them out in the hot sun on a summer day for a few hours - the stickers peeled right off. A damp rag and some elbow grease took care of the residue.

JB

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
RoadBikeVirgin said:
I used a blow dryer on high heat, turned to low, and ran it over the decal for about a minute and a half. Peeled it away, but most of the time it'd leave plenty of glue residue. Then I just used slow, firm pressure with my thumb and rubbed it all off. Probably took around 3 and a half hours for both wheels!! :eek: Man, my thumb was raw the next day :p
WHAT? 3 hours? It took me like twenty minutes per wheel, and I was using a cruddy old folding hairdryer.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
lalahsghost said:
WHAT? 3 hours? It took me like twenty minutes per wheel, and I was using a cruddy old folding hairdryer.
I know I know, sometimes I'm mentally handicapped! ;) Now you see why I pay to have repairs done right at my LBS ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
+1 on the heat gun. Mine peeled right off with hardly any residue left on the wheel. It took me no more than a half hour to do both wheels. Now I almost wish I had left 2 per side of each wheel. Neuvation really needs to work on revamping the look of thier decals. Almost everyone seems to dislike them and remove them. That's alot of lost advertising in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
monocognizant said:
+1 on the heat gun. Mine peeled right off with hardly any residue left on the wheel. It took me no more than a half hour to do both wheels. Now I almost wish I had left 2 per side of each wheel. Neuvation really needs to work on revamping the look of thier decals. Almost everyone seems to dislike them and remove them. That's alot of lost advertising in my opinion.
The 2009 bikes will have new graphics:
John said:
On the bike side we will be adding some different graphic options that I am working on now.
Not sure about the wheels, but I totally understand where you are coming from.

·
Registered
133 Posts
lalahsghost said:
The 2009 bikes will have new graphics:

Not sure about the wheels, but I totally understand where you are coming from.
Simple white, yellow or even red lettering saying NEUVATION on the black rim would look sweet. Maybe slant the font a little so they look like they're moveing fast. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not to hijack, but for those that are removing them (and I am about to do the same)...

are you taking off all the stickers or leaving some on? What kind of pattern? I'd prefer them not to be naked. I was thinking either leaving just one on or maybe a pair (adjacent or opposing).

·
Registered
133 Posts
XR4Ti said:
Not to hijack, but for those that are removing them (and I am about to do the same)...

are you taking off all the stickers or leaving some on? What kind of pattern? I'd prefer them not to be naked. I was thinking either leaving just one on or maybe a pair (adjacent or opposing).
I took mine off all together but, I have seen people leave two on each side 180 degrees apart. That looks pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I love mine completely "naked" :) If you're not going to remove all, I'd remove all of the little round stickers, and only leave two neuvation stickers on each side of each wheel (opposing, of course, I think adjacent would look goofy). Here's mine with none:

My next set is going on a Lightning White Cannondale frame - I have NO idea what I'll do about the decals on that one - something tells me all black wouldn't look the best.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
They must bash those stickers out by the bazillions to apply that many to a rim.

Contrast to the Fulcrum stickers...those peeled off in one easy pull and I didn't have to clean it. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts