Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
I just received my M28 Aero 2's for $219 plus shipping. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
BunnV said:
I just received my M28 Aero 2's for $219 plus shipping. :thumbsup:

is it a good wheels?? I dont know this brand... it'S not very known in the market, I think... as their bikes.... I have a mavic cosmic elite, and I'm looking for a new wheels, pretty strong and light... do you know a good wheels from neuvation??

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I've been riding Neuvations for the past 6 years. My first set was the now discontinued R350. They were a good wheelset. I then purchased a set of M28 Aeros. Two months (and 8400 miles later) past the first year, I started snapping spokes on the drive side. After having all the spokes replaced (free of charge), my hub broke four months later. I contacted John Neugent at Neuvation to purchase a new rear hub since I was past the warranty period by this time. He just sent me out a new wheelset- the M28 Aero2. The same thing happened to those within the first year. Scratching my head, I contacted John once again and he sent me a rear wheel with a much stronger hub. This hub is the same one used on the newer M28 Aero2s and the M28 Aero3s. It's been two years and not a problem since. I believe most of my issues weren't the wheels. I was 232 lbs riding on a 20 spoke rear wheel. On top of that, I'm a big chainring guy so you know I put a lot of stress on that rear wheel. Now I'm 185 lbs. and I don't have any problems with them. My second rig has Mavic Ksyrium Elites and I'm having the same problem with them-except Mavic doesn't have very good customer service. Anyway, the M28s are good wheels for the money. I swear by Neuvation and have considered going for those R28s when I lose another 15 lbs. It may never happen. I am 6'3" so it's not necessary, but the R28s are wicked light. Another thing to consider, my M28s spin longer than my buddies Dura Ace wheels- no joking

·
Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
Finally tried out my M28's

I can't really compare them to my last wheelset (Easton Vista SL) because I have the Nuevations on a new build. (I just finished the bike)

Considering the price I paid they look fantastic, roll nicely, are reasonably light and very straight. The rear hub is virtually silent, I don't hear any sound while riding.

They come with way too many stickers! I took off 24 stickers and I still have stickers on the wheels!

I only have two rides on them so far and I'm getting used to the new bike as much as the wheels. Overall, I'm very happy. These wheels are a fantastic value. :thumbsup:

Here are two pics, one with the factory stickers as they came and one after I removed a gang of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.