Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I cross and go down small staircases and curbs and general urban cross destruction on my forte titans (the rebadged neuvations) they are stiff enough and I never have to worry about them, im also 175 lbs, I also cross on xero xr-1s, but they are not as stiff and I cant get as rad on them...

·
Registered
337 Posts
tn29'er said:
I was looking on performance's website for these rebranded forte wheels? Can you tell me which set it is specifically as I couldn't find a 50 set? Thanks
The C50s aren't the rebadged, it's thehttps://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile_combo.cfm?SKU=22736&estore_ID=&subcategory_ID=5320&CFID=11103794&CFTOKEN=42134709

Also, I have both the Neuvation M28 Aero's and the Titans, and there are slight ever so subtle differences between the two. The most prominent one is that the bladed spokes are 1mm or so wider on the Neuvations. Pretty minor, huh?

In any case, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference easily if I hadn't left the Neuvation sticker on that wheelset's hubs, and I definitely can't tell the difference on the road or 'cross course. Both have served me well over many miles of riding, with the Titan's needing a quick retensioning upon initial purchase (Neuvations were perfect out of the box), and then a truing following an ill-advised off-road adventure.

·
SammyGarcia
9 Posts
Hmm, different spokes... different weights (heavier)... more than likely, the older M hubs that had material problems... reviews of the Performance Fortés indicate a lot of spoke breaking problems. Spokes on the Neuvation wheels are brand spokes, better quality, more durable. Now, the newer R model hubs, lighter, with four cartridge bearings on the rear hub (two for the cassette), with better alloy rims? no question, Neuvation will be a better choice, lighter and more durable. And customer service notes are constantly remarkable. After much review, I'm buying a set tomorrow, with a reconditioned spare trainer rear wheel.

·
Daylight Fading
1,903 Posts
I raced one season on the the M28 Aero's

And they were fine. I'm still using them as my all-around road wheelset this Summer. I only weigh 150 lbs if that makes a difference.

I'd seriously consider another set of Neuvations as my next wheelset.

bt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.