Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Great customer service, great price.

I don't ride them anymore since I had a rear wheel fail. Sold the replacement.
They say that the kinks are out of the product line now.
Guess I was the lab rat.

·
Banned
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They seem to be a performance best bang for the buck company. :D

Their wheelsets seem to be really nicely priced.
And while nothing is fullproof, I like to buy as much reliability as I can afford.
So I always try to buy something that gives the most for the money.

Aestetically? Nice wheels.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I had a set of the earlier ones and wound up selling them. I've heard they've improved and I need a cheap pr of race wheels so I'm giving them another shot, although this time it's the R28 aeros which should be a bit beefier-I kept snapping spokes on the rear.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a pair of R28 Aero's last year. I must say, I have been very satisfied with the wheelset. They have been used on my training bike, in all sorts of road conditions and weather, I put about 3,000 miles on them last year and they have not required any maitenance. I have even raced them and were happy with the results. I am a 185lb rider with a heavy sprint and they have handled the heavy load as well. for the money..they are a 'must have'

·
Registered
8,157 Posts
Great wheels for the money.

I rode on a set of M28 Aero2's last year, put close to 6000 miles on them though both racing and training and they held up perfect. I'm a bigger rider 5'11" and vary between 190-200 pounds....Time Trial/sprinter type of rider.

I'd still be riding them this year, however I picked up a powertap that had a built rear wheel with a Mavic Open Pro, so I had a matching front wheel built up to go with it for my racing/training wheels.

Overall, excellent wheels...and I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service...though I never had to use it myself. With that said they were quick to answer e-mails when I had questions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had the M28s for a couple of years and haven't had any problems. Stiff, not overly heavy (1750 or so), and pretty tough (I'm pushing 190 lbs). The only truing I've had to do was from an overshift that sent the rear mech through the spokes (took out two spokes). I have Contis on them and have no problem getting them on and off. When I'm ready for new wheels, I will look around but will definitely consider Neuvations again.

·
Banned
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Good info.

If I didn't mention it, this is for my first "real" road bike, an entry-level '08 Trek 1.5.
I have OEM Bonty SSRs on it now which I hear are strong, but if I could shed a few pounds for under $300. without getting weaker rims, then I definitely will when I start riding
a lot in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Also have some M28SL's...very nice wheels for the $$. I have about 1K on my set and the front has remained dead-on. The rear has been trued once and it was barely off. Getting the stickers off has been the most work I've put into them. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Like everyone else said, the wheels are good. If money is not an issue then there are stronger and lighter wheels out there, but they start at around $1000.

I was using R28 SL's as my race wheels. They seemed pretty tough so I ended up putting them on my cross bike. After one season of cross they are still true.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Only a couple hundred miles as well so I can't vouch for durability - I went with the M28 Aero3's. No problem for me and I weigh 210.

Didn't notice anyone mention it, but the fact that I can spin the rear wheel and not have any clicking... ahhhhhhhh. Love it :)

They're light, the look great, feel stiff - no complaints here yet.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
2ndGen said:
So we're talking about a set of good strong wheels that look great and that weigh about 1750g's for only $199.?

No "catch"?
When I got them I believe they were $230 with the free 2 year wheel protection plan upgrade.

And it would appear there's no catch, assuming the new generation of hubs really fixed the issues from the last gen. Honestly, I've read nothing but good reviews and they respond to e-mails ASAP regardless of what you're asking. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.