Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know much about Neuvation wheels, specifically the R 28 SL? I'm looking at buying a new set of Sunday/race-day wheels and these look quite special. I already have a pair of Cosmics and my current race set is a pair of Ksyrium Elites, which are more than adequate. But I like shiny new things and I'm currently building up a 6th bike - an Argon 18 Radon with Dura Ace. I'm 178 lbs, ride between eight and ten thousand miles per year and have only ever broken 1 spoke. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
gizzard said:
Anyone know much about Neuvation wheels, specifically the R 28 SL? I'm looking at buying a new set of Sunday/race-day wheels and these look quite special. I already have a pair of Cosmics and my current race set is a pair of Ksyrium Elites, which are more than adequate. But I like shiny new things and I'm currently building up a 6th bike - an Argon 18 Radon with Dura Ace. I'm 178 lbs, ride between eight and ten thousand miles per year and have only ever broken 1 spoke. Any thoughts?
Gizzard: I have a set of Neuvation R 28 Aero wheels on my 05 Giant OCR c2 carbon bike. They are fantastic wheels. The SL's have 100 grams less weight but do not have aero spokes. I think the R28 Areo's with there 5mm aero spokes will hold up better over the long term. The advantage of true aero spokes should make them better performers overall that the SL's . My bike shop carries only the R 28 Aero's not the SL's I am sure the SL's are great wheels also but I recommend the R 28 Aero's. Side note. John Neugent the President and founder of Neuvation is a great guy and stands behind his wheels. I had a set of MAVIC SL being held for me at a great price. I let them go in favor of the R 28 Aero's,. Great wheels and will get much better service from Neuvation than you would ever get from Mavic. Check the Neuvation WEB sight out. Hope this helps you. Blueridge

·
Registered
173 Posts
i was looking at the same set of wheels and am very tempted.

i have yet to see a wheelset of that weight for that cost, let alone cheaper!

and now that neuvation has their sale on, it's a really great buy! their wheels have always been noted as very durable, i doubt there'll be an issue there. there's tons of reviews floating around and they all talk about how good these wheels are.

at 1470g for something like 399, i'd do it! i dont know about the supposed aero advantage of the R28's though. They DO look nicer because of the thicker spoke profile but as for performance advantage simply from aero spokes...i dont know if it's going to be really noticable

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have both and ride the Aeros more as they are stiffer due to the aero spokes. The SLs are really freaking light and ride great though. The bearings on all Neuvation wheels are butter smooth.

Great product, great price!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Response on Neuvation wheels

undefinedYou can't go wrong with either the R28 Aero's or the SL's both great wheels. Can't beat the quality or the price.
boroef said:
i was looking at the same set of wheels and am very tempted.

i have yet to see a wheelset of that weight for that cost, let alone cheaper!

and now that neuvation has their sale on, it's a really great buy! their wheels have always been noted as very durable, i doubt there'll be an issue there. there's tons of reviews floating around and they all talk about how good these wheels are.

at 1470g for something like 399, i'd do it! i dont know about the supposed aero advantage of the R28's though. They DO look nicer because of the thicker spoke profile but as for performance advantage simply from aero spokes...i dont know if it's going to be really noticable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts