Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
NSXER said:
No matter how hard I torque the clamp down, after a ride the seat has dropped at least an inch...anybody else? USE Alien Carbon post & the seat is a Fi'zi:K Arione Ti....
I had a similar problem when I first got my 2004 Six13 with that post too. I removed the post from the frame, and I cleaned the post and frame on the inside of the top of the seat tube with bike cleaner. It hasn't slipped since.

I have Thomson posts on my other bikes, and I was really close to putting a Thomson on my Six13. Once I got the USE dialed in, however, it's been problem free. It just took two or three weeks to do it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YakuzaSmurf said:
I had a similar problem when I first got my 2004 Six13 with that post too. I removed the post from the frame, and I cleaned the post and frame on the inside of the top of the seat tube with bike cleaner. It hasn't slipped since.

I have Thomson posts on my other bikes, and I was really close to putting a Thomson on my Six13. Once I got the USE dialed in, however, it's been problem free. It just took two or three weeks to do it!
I'll try that...Thanks!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I had mine with USE post and I used the Campy Record clamp on the frame never had any problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.