Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Calm like a Bomb..
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they are saying that the 566 is a replacement for the 555. I don't understand since the 555 seemed to go for just about 1100-1200 and this frameset will be 1999. I know there isn't much info released ut I am wondering if its more bike or if this id due to the economy and all the 09 bike stuff going up?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
justifiable???

The tubes have a great deal more shaping to provide a combination of vertical compliance without sacrificing lateral stiffness. Looks like a lot of engineering went into the frame's design. As far as being "justifiable", is a 585 worth $2700 or a 586 worth $4000? It's more about demand and what the market will bear than the amount of material and labor that goes into the frame. I'm sure a frame the goes for 4K does not cost twice as much to make as one that goes for 2K.

I always recommend buying frames on closeout deals, unless you want want or need the frame urgently. I paid the full $3000 price for my 2006 special edition red/black 585, but I did get free shipping and no sales tax. The paint job is really special and it was worth it to me. I just bought a 585 Ultra for $1989 at Excel sports. Obviously a better deal and the timing was right for me. The frame is replacing my 2004 KG461, which retailed for $1750 back then. The new 566 seems like a bargain compared to the KG461.

·
Calm like a Bomb..
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am considering buying this frame. I am not too familar with Look but I have read they make quality stuff. So I assume them stating this as an entry level bike shouldnt scare me that ts a cheap model? Its the only Look Frame that will fit me nd the price looks great so just waiting to get some more info on the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.