Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered my new SS frame and Ultegra Di2. Now looking at bars. I'm looking to stay under $200. So far I have looked at two carbon flat top bars.

Trigon Hm. $150 Internal routing
Thompson $210 no internal routing

Thompson doesn't do internal because it shortens the life. I'm not opposed to aluminum but not sure who makes a flat top.

Comments and suggestions are welcome

Thanks

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
I am tempted to make a joke about what you did to get kicked out of your old bar but I will defer.

I've been using a set of FSA K wings for a few years now that I like a lot, but I'm otherwise a luddite and will not spend 3 figures on handle bars.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I am tempted to make a joke about what you did to get kicked out of your old bar but I will defer.

I've been using a set of FSA K wings for a few years now that I like a lot, but I'm otherwise a luddite and will not spend 3 figures on handle bars.
I like FSA Wing Pro, they have a flat top, nice bend and shallow drop. I think they are called Energy now. Not the lightest but not heavy eIther

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the winner is 3t Ergonova
A bike shop owner had one on his personal bike so I added it to the list. I need to pick one so that's what I picked.

Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
And the winner is 3t Ergonova
A bike shop owner had one on his personal bike so I added it to the list. I need to pick one so that's what I picked.

Thanks for the suggestions
Hummm

I recall that design is one of the most counterfeit out there. Make sure you get a real 3T. OH and don't crash on it. 3T is in it for weight, not longevity

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Hummm

I recall that design is one of the most counterfeit out there. Make sure you get a real 3T. OH and don't crash on it. 3T is in it for weight, not longevity
Also mind your weight. 3T only warranties their carbon bars to 240lbs rider weight.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Also mind your weight. 3T only warranties their carbon bars to 240lbs rider weight.
Are you calling me fat???????:D

I've lost 2.458 lbs since this pic was taken
Bicycle handlebar Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Bicycle part Helmet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts