Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm simply too old-ish and achey these days for the stock pista track/drop bars for my 15mile commute each way. Can anyone make a suggestion for a modification on riser bars and/or stem which might look cool/acceptable on my chrome pista?

Additionally, I don't know measurements nor where to find them. It's an 05. Of course a shop could tell me in 2 seconds, but I'd like to be able to online shop around a bit if possible.

Thanks.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
Obviously, it looks like you could gain about an inch in height by flipping your stem.

You'll have to check the size of your bars at the clamp to see what others may fit that stem. Some are 25.4mm (1"), older road bars were sometimes 26.0mm, newer are 31.8mm, etc.

Your steerer tube might be 1 1/8"; if so you will have many stems and bars to choose from.

Amazon, for example, has a lot of rider bars:
Amazon.com: silver riser handlebar: Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
16 Posts
What wim said ^^^^^. The stem is also most certainly matched to the 1" steerer, so a replacement threadless stem would be a bit of a bear to find. That being said, have you consider a flat or drop bullhorn? You get at least two good hand positions that are much higher than the track drops you're struggling with, and your brake lever should be reusable on the new bar's center section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.