Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
With all due respect, I seriously doubt if anyone can reliably answer that question.

·
Banned
853 Posts
people?

go nuts about stiff bottom brackets and light weight but then put rubber bands where handlebars should be.
I always found deda magic stiff. I was just trying to find a comparison and nothing other than your post has come up so far.
I've seen a comparison somewhere and it had raceface as the stiffest.
stems? I like the Syncros Factory stem. and cheap.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
hummina shadeeba said:
I ride a singlespeed up Mt. tam sometimes and have also gone up Mt. diablo and it's annoying with noodles.
No idea what Mt tam or Mt. diablo are, but I can guess and am impressed.

I was just posting some levity at your expense. I understand about pulling on the bar at moments of extreme effort. It redirects force lifting you out of the saddle back onto the pedals in order to benefit forward propulsion.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I switched my stem from the stock one that came on my felt to a Deda magic last yeat and didn't think I would notice any difference. I was way wrong, during our clubs practice crit I felt alot more solid in the turns. The only down side is when riding on rough roads it kills your hands.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would first look at the shape of the bar you want, as you are about to change anyway.

Are there any positions you feel are uncomforable on the bike at the moment?
Can you ride in the drops for 10-15mins ok?
Are your hoods/tops uncomfortable where the other position(s) are ok?

Too many people ride a bar which is uncomfortable just because it looks cool or matches a stem/seatpost. Fit is the most important. If you want a stiffer bar then buy one from lower in the range as it will be more robust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.