Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was announced awhile ago and I see it’s offered thru some European stores. Yet Bianchi doesn’t list it on their website and I haven’t found a US dealer that has one. Has anyone heard when it will be available? It is on the internet as a 2020 model, maybe this fall?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, appears they are in the country. I’ve been a Cannondale rider in past and still love them, but I think I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on the Bianchi. Similar spec’d Cannondale EVO with Force Etap is $6100. The Sprint Disc Force Etap is less than $5k. Granted the EVO has carbon wheels, which is there proprietary wheelset.
Given all this COVID-19 fiasco.....may have to go with the less expensive option here and end up with my first Bianchi.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it seems it my personal thread and only I partake in it. LOL
I ended up ordering the bike. My first Bianchi. it is actually handmade carbon fiber in Italy....Not somewhere in Asia.

Impressed with the setup. This is a mid level bike IMO from Bianchi. Considered race worthy?? I don’t race, so don’t care
Some pics of arrival and setup. View attachment 328071 View attachment 328073 View attachment 328075 View attachment 328077 View attachment 328079 View attachment 328081 View attachment 328085 View attachment 328093

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only thing that’s got me is the weight? She is heavy. 19.11 lbs with pedals and cages. She weighs more than my gravel bike!
She does roll smooth. I am enjoying the disc brakes on a road bike. Also, the Force eTap has been great. I do have it set for sequential shifting at this point.

Need to put her on a weight loss regime. Will see with time..... Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle part

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Best of luck with it. I think you've got a steerer tube to cut? Bianchi has issued several safety warnings about too many spacers especially above the stem.

Search for them on their website.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I plan to trim it for sure. Got some upgrades coming which includes a new stem. Once it's in place and I am sure there is no other mods needed, I will plan to cut the steerer tube down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts