Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I ordered a Cannondale Synapse aluminum bike from my LBS over three weeks ago. They said it would take about 2 - 2.5 weeks. I called once, but no bike. Is this typical? Are the bike elves on vacation? As you can tell I am anxious to try it out.

Thanks
dkr

·
I love to climb!
2,045 Posts
Rocket_Noise said:
Hello,
I ordered a Cannondale Synapse aluminum bike from my LBS over three weeks ago. They said it would take about 2 - 2.5 weeks. I called once, but no bike. Is this typical? Are the bike elves on vacation? As you can tell I am anxious to try it out.

Thanks
dkr
Yes, it is typical. If Cannondale already has it ready to go in their warehouse, your shop will usually get it in less than 1 week. But if not, you'll have to wait until C'dale gets the bike made and ready to go. They do post a date on the dealer's order site when they expect bikes to be in stock that are not currently, but it's not always accurate. So it sounds like your bike was listed as being 2 weeks out from being in stock, which is why you were told 2-2.5 weeks, but it may actually be a little longer.

I know your frustration, though. I had to wait about 5 months for a bike once. But be patient, and you will have a sweet bike to ride.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Rocket,

I ordered a CAAD 9 - 5 on March 13th they told me 2 - 4 weeks in came in on the 27th exactly 2 weeks from when I ordered it. Im sure different models take different amont of time depending on how many they are back ordered. I sure yours will be soon.

I know how you are feeling I could not wait till it came in, I sat next to the phone waiting for the ring like a school kid waiting for the call from a girl.

George

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the replies. It's like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid, many, many moons ago.....

dkr

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Rocket_Noise said:
Thanks for the replies. It's like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid, many, many moons ago.....

dkr
It's worse than waiting for Christmas when you were a kid. At least back then you knew how many days away Christmas was!! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts