Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the definition of suck? Well, after tracking my new Dale Super Six with Campy Record via fedex.com and eagerly waiting with anticipation I got sick. The closer the bike was to delivery, the sicker I got.

The culmination is that the bike was delivered today and I am sick and couldn't take it for a spin. It's all built up and ready to ride and I can't do a dang thing. It's like Alanis Morissette irony or rain on your wedding day - it's not really ironic, it just sucks.

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK - You ask for it, pics and then some . . .

OK, you guys asked for it. and for being good fans I am going to give you a special treat.

First pic - The new bike. Super six, dale SI cranks and campy 10.

Second pic - The new bike on the bottom, the other on top - CAAD 9 with Chorus 11. This all started cause I wanted BB30 and the SI crank.

Third pic - Put the bike together and clean out the garage, while sick, then hit my head on the corner of a light and it bleeds. Wife says it needs two or three stitches. I say screw it and watch Unbreakable on HD. Yea, not the best pic, but it was a self portrait.

Yea, it sucks and the only real irony is clearly I am breakable.

You asked - I delivered.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
The white one looks better!
And I feel your pain - got my new front wheel and my lounge kit is complete too! I still won't ride til my knee is better. I don't want to see a doctor, cause I think he's just gonna tell me to take it easy for a while. Why pay a copay if that's what I'm doing already?

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
need someone to break that thing in for you????

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Is that one of those new Ritchey WCS Wet stems on the white one? I SO want one, but I hesitate at plunking down almost 1 bill for a friggin stem....
Nice Dale's BTW.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Very nice bikes! I like the white one better myself.

I love, love, love Dale cranks. There's something about their simplicity and design that just ooozes sex appeal.

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kram said:
Is that one of those new Ritchey WCS Wet stems on the white one? I SO want one, but I hesitate at plunking down almost 1 bill for a friggin stem....
Nice Dale's BTW.
ProBike had then for $79 plus 5% off. I grabbed two! They are great stem and in typically ritchey fashion they work great.

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peanya said:
The white one looks better!
And I feel your pain - got my new front wheel and my lounge kit is complete too! I still won't ride til my knee is better. I don't want to see a doctor, cause I think he's just gonna tell me to take it easy for a while. Why pay a copay if that's what I'm doing already?
Same boat - I know I'm sick, I know I will get better and I know I need to drink and take it easy. Why wait and pay money to have someone tell me the what I'm already doing.

As for the white. That too is great, but, man, it's so white. It's almost too easy to make look pro.

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BuckeyeBiker said:
Very nice bikes! I like the white one better myself.

I love, love, love Dale cranks. There's something about their simplicity and design that just ooozes sex appeal.
Those cranks, in my mind, are the best thing out there. Let's get this straight - they are 100 grams less, they are stiffer and the q factor is less. How is that not a win, win, win? They also look good as you mentioned. I love those cranks and, like I said, it's what started this whole thing.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
It just wasn't your day was it. Hang in there, it'll get better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts