Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been noticing some new construction around the Ralston Ave exit from S 101. Over the past 2-3 weeks it's been starting to show some elements of a pedestrian/bike bridge. Tonight I was riding home heading westbound on Ralston over the freeway. There was a temporary sign out on Ralston indicating there will be night construction on the "Bike Bridge." From what I can tell it appears the touchdown point on the west side of the freeway will be just north of Autobahn Motors near the baseball/softball fields. This will give a nice connection to the Bay Trail. The eastbound entrance will be on Ralston at Hiller St. This will provide a nice secure crossover to the freeway in the Belmont, San Carlos, S. San Mateo area. Hopefully eliminate any more unfortunate incidents like what occurred last year on Holly with the CalTrans vehicle. I'm guessing at least 9 months to completion, very early in construction.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.