Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Father's Day was also new bike day! Took delivery of my new domane slr6! Did 36 miles with my daughter. The bike is sweet! I have never ridden any bike that climbs like the SLR. It has a nice feel to it and an even better ride. Coming from my Cervelo S5 to the domane is amazing. The handling characteristics of the domane are a lot more subtle than the S5. Takes a little getting used to but just a little. What a great Father's Day! What more could a dad ask!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Congratulations, Dad!

Im riding an SL6 Disc and I love it. There is somehow always a sensation that if the ride offers an interesting turn farther afield the bike is good to go.

I noticed something interesting yesterday. Concentrating on high cadence while recovering from a big day in the mountains, I tried some spin-ups. The vertical compliance of the Domane made it extra hard to find a high spin rate that wouldn't bounce. Logic tells me there is some inefficiency built into that observation, but it's a trade off I'm happy to make.

Have fun!

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
Congrats, Fishboy! FYI, I know at least two people who said they like their new Trek or Cannondale better than their Cervelo.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried to post pics but can't, tried for 30 minutes and no go.

I think I like it better than the Cervelo. its a different kind of ride. It's a stiff and super responsive ride on the Cervelo, good for about 30 miles. My middle daughter and I are doing a couple century rides this fall and the S5 will not cut it for my 60 y-o butt! Domane is a sweet soft ride in comparison. I am currently making tweaks to the fit so it is getting better all the time.

I noticed the bounce a bit also. I am willing to make that trade also. Love the ride of this bike and a joy to climb on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts