Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my old C'dale with Sidi Dominator shoes and MTB pedals. I like the idea of being able to walk around without the "clomp clomp"! I'm ordering my new Project One 5500 anf figured it was time to switch to the Sidi Genius 4 and put one some DA 7800 pedals. I figured that I could switch back to the old shoes and pedals for some serious touring. Somehow it just didn't look right to have those pedals on that bike. Plan B is to upgrade to DA 7410 pedals and still use the older Sidi shoes. Will the DA 7410 pedals work with the old shoes??

·
RoadBikeReview Addict
673 Posts
yellowspox said:
I've been riding my old C'dale with Sidi Dominator shoes and MTB pedals. I like the idea of being able to walk around without the "clomp clomp"! I'm ordering my new Project One 5500 anf figured it was time to switch to the Sidi Genius 4 and put one some DA 7800 pedals. I figured that I could switch back to the old shoes and pedals for some serious touring. Somehow it just didn't look right to have those pedals on that bike. Plan B is to upgrade to DA 7410 pedals and still use the older Sidi shoes. Will the DA 7410 pedals work with the old shoes??
I like Plan A. I use Dominator 4 mtb shoes w/Shimano SPD pedals on my mtb and fixed geared bike and the Sidi Genius 4 Carbon road shoes w/Shimano DA 7750's SPD-SL road pedals.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Ditto plan "a". If you have a nice roadbike you should have good pedals and shoes. You will notice a difference between road shoes and pedals vs. mtb stuf. Stiffer, lighter, and more efficient. Besides, like you said, if you do some serious touring on it, you still have your spd's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.