Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike out for a short ride, made a few adjustments to the rd and seat height, and then decided to try to take a slightly better picture than the first one I posted, I don't have anything worthwhile for a camera though, so here it is:

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
I wasn't aware they had bikes in Idaho....but as someone who loathes potato's...I'm very encouraged by the possibilities. Looks like a sweet ride!!! Enjoy that new bike smell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice comment about Idaho, that is fairly true, not a ton of bikes in idaho, but I live in Salt Lake now, so not an issue, just still have ID plates. The bike rides great, I have had it since July 5th, so not brand new, but still pretty new. just working on putting the miles on before it gets too cold here, but I doubt that will even stop me. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bottle cage is just a specialized, it was with the bike when i got it, probably a couple years old. And I forgot to mention in my original post, the car in the background is my 1990 E30 BMW 325is, if anyone cares, I certainly do!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
Very nice. Is that flat black? If so, is it easy to care for?

·
On the wrong floor again
1,133 Posts
I heart bike p0rn. Nice ride, nice new-classic beeeemer. Well done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The black is... semi-flat?? it is easy to take care of, nothing makes the color look faded, just needs the dirt (a lot of construction zones in SLC lately) wiped off every now and again. Thanks for the comments. I just wish I had a legit camera, this was all with my camera phone, and I can't stand camera phone pics, so blurry.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
dcb0724 said:
Nice comment about Idaho, that is fairly true, not a ton of bikes in idaho, but I live in Salt Lake now, so not an issue, just still have ID plates. The bike rides great, I have had it since July 5th, so not brand new, but still pretty new. just working on putting the miles on before it gets too cold here, but I doubt that will even stop me. Thanks for the comments.
Very timely thread...I got the new Bicycling mag today and page 31 talks about riding in IDAHO...no joke!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, if I were to want to change my crank to something a little different (FSA gossamer currently. mine seems SLIGHTLY bent and I'm not a fan of the aesthetics) what would you guys recommend, I like the look of 105 and ultegra cranks, but I want to keep compact and preferably black, but I don't am not sure what to get, what does everyone think, is black a good choice, etc?

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
oooh, pretty :thumbsup:

·
Roll Out Jeremy
1,785 Posts
New Bike

I'm glad to see you have your priorities in order. The new bike should always come before tabs for the car....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the tabs on the car are good through the summer of 2010, it just says 08, but the side says 2010 where you can't see it. Glad that you decided to notice the slightest detail of the picture rather than looking at the bike...? oh well. (<--- this is not meant to be mean, I just don't use the smiley faces, I am being jovial though, I promise)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts