Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping I could get some insight for a new bike I am looking to buy. I have three options that I have ridden and all seem very good and they are all with a few bucks of each other. 2011 Cervelo R3 w/ Ultegra, 2010 Cannondale Super6 w/ SRAM and 2009 Specialized Sworks Tarmac SL2 w/ DuraAce. Wondering if anyone has experience with any or all of these machines....it is appreciated.
Thx.

·
9,790 Posts
Was hoping I could get some insight for a new bike I am looking to buy. I have three options that I have ridden and all seem very good and they are all with a few bucks of each other. 2011 Cervelo R3 w/ Ultegra, 2010 Cannondale Super6 w/ SRAM and 2009 Specialized Sworks Tarmac SL2 w/ DuraAce. Wondering if anyone has experience with any or all of these machines....it is appreciated.
Thx.
Buy the blue one.

We can't ride the bikes for you with your body....

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'd never advise anyone to consider a used carbon frame without a very strong warranty.

Otherwise, I say whenever purchasing a bike of any kind, your major focus should be on the fit of the bicycle and how good you feel when riding it.

Dura Ace >> Ultegra

SRAM what? :confused:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Buy the blue one.
We can't ride the bikes for you with your body....
It's like picking a spouse.... choose what floats your boat. If one of the bikes isn't sticking in your mind now maybe it never will. It could be just the color of the bike that sort of calls to you. Test ride the bikes and keep shopping till you know.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Didn’t one of them stick out when you were on it? If not, I would consider taking more time and looking for some others.

I have a 2011 Tarmac and I love it. I love the way it looks and all that but I especially was smitten about the way the ride made me feel physically and emotionally. It was a huge standout when compared with others that I test rode – easy decision for me. And I rode some bikes that were much more expensive but they didn’t hit the mark for me.

If you read this as an endorsement for the Tarmac, you misunderstood my point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry.....SRAM Red.
All warranties are valid only for "original purchaser"....that is my concern as well and that is why I was hoping to find some perspective on the reliability on these frames.
I am 205lbs and this is would be my first carbon frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.