Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend looking to buy a road bike. He will be using it for recreational riding and some triathlons although he does not want a tri bike. He is looking to stay around $2000. Any have any personal recommendations for some bikes to check out? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try a Cannondale Six 13 Pro 2

I get my new bike next Friday. It is super light but it will come in at more than $2,000. Read the reviews on this bike. They are amazing. I can hardly wait. I went riding with a guy who two years ago I could easily keep up with on hills. He was riding a new Six 13 Pro 2 and he just dropped me something awful on some wicked hills. The bike really was the difference. I can hardly wait to shed a few pounds (bike weight that is).

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
What kind of recreational riding? If he's going to do multi-day tours (unloaded sport touring), centuries, charity rides, and the like, he'd do well to emphasize comfort as well as speed. Trek 5200, Lemond Zurich, or other Ultegra-equipped steeds from the big boys take care of the sport-recreational market very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.