Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to break in my new 3Rensho with a 65 mile ride today...

I got the frame back from the painters on Thursday and I built the bike on Thursday night but we've had non stop rain..... I took it out for a 25 miler yesterday but today was it's first real test.. I ended up doing 65 miles today... The bike performed flawlessly....

Here is a link to bike build

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=165814

below are some pics of today's ride

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Nice bike Dave. Back in the late 80's I used to ride a 3Rensho tandem. It belonged to a friend of mine and we were scary fast on it.

quick edit. I listen to 95.9 on streaming audio.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Beautiful. For a second I thought that was a Velo Orange saddle...but then I read your build. I just bought two of the Velo Orange Swift look-a-likes. Haven't ridden it yet, but the shape feels good...

Nice pics around town too. Looks like you're getting some great spring weather.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cervelo-er said:
Beautiful. For a second I thought that was a Velo Orange saddle...but then I read your build. I just bought two of the Velo Orange Swift look-a-likes. Haven't ridden it yet, but the shape feels good...

Nice pics around town too. Looks like you're getting some great spring weather.
I'm interested to hear what you think about the VO saddles...I saw their leather bar tape last weekend and it was very nice

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I'm interested to hear what you think about the VO saddles...I saw their leather bar tape last weekend and it was very nice
I think I'm going out for my first ride on it today...

The shape is pretty much identical to the brooks, so I'm not sure what would feel different. Build quality looks nice. I'm a little wary of the width at the front where the tension adjust is, but I think it's the same as other leather saddles (this being my first).

Anyway, I'll give a little run-down on it later.

I will say straight-off that I like VeloOrange. Very prompt and friendly service. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
So Dave, are you on the Jamba too?

I was addicted to Chocolate Moods until I learned they had more sugar than .............just about anything!

Since we don't have one locally, I've gradually gotten over them.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
My Own Private Idaho said:
In the retro forum this bike has yellow bar wrap and saddle. Over here its black. Which is it? Stunning either way!
Ah could you possible be confused by Dave " Double Up" Hickey's busy week? Look closely and you might see one of those derailleur dohickies on the back of that one. You have to move quick to keep up with this guy.....rumor is in his youth he dated twins.......

b21

·
banned from the museum
6,622 Posts
barry1021 said:
Ah could you possible be confused by Dave " Double Up" Hickey's busy week? Look closely and you might see one of those derailleur dohickies on the back of that one. You have to move quick to keep up with this guy.....rumor is in his youth he dated twins.......

b21

Good catch. I didn't look closely enough at this post, thinking I had seen the bike in his other one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts