Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm getting a new bike tomorrow! :D It's a Raleigh SuperCourse, 2005 model. I wanted a backup bike (for bad weather rides too) and my lbs owner suggested this. It's got carbon stays, seatpost, and fork. I had a GT ZR 3.0 that was my first good bike but the ride was kind of harsh. I sold it last year and regretted it immediately. Then I decided to get a backup as soon as I could. I ride mostly road and I kept having a fear of something happening to my Trek and not having anything to ride. Anyway, I changed jobs two weeks ago and finally got my last check from my previous job today. So my two weeks vacation pay is paying for my new toy, lol. Here's a pic.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Looks nice! And I love that new bike smell.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Agreed. New bikes are great. I'm waiting patiently for a new Strong frame, and really looking forward to building it up. Nothing wrong with my current ride, but a new bike is like a new love, you can't wait to see where it takes you.

Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Raleigh

I have the 03 Professional with Chorus. I grew up on raleigh bikes, starting with the Sports in the 70's, then to a Super Course in 82. I find my current model to be a great all around road bike, and you will not find many others riding them. Next bike will be high end Italian.
Enjoy!

·
I coulda did that myself
213 Posts
Raleigh has a great history. I saw that bike in Bicycling magazine and thought it was the nicest Raleigh I'd seen in awhile. Red and black always make a nice color combination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts