Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
S8nt3 said:
Just got this new Ti frame from EverTi and it rides great. It blows my 5200 trek out of the water. what do you think about the bike?
Very nice! Love Ti. Have LS, Mongoose and Airborne, but not familiar with EverTi. Any background info? - TF

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike fits great. Kurt at EVERTi knows his stuff, and will build custom a frame geometry if needed. EVERTi is a Canadian co. that started out making ti mountain bikes. They are a fairly new company so who knows where they will end up. I stumbled across the site, and with the price of 1500.00 us for a 3/2 ti Frame, you can’t beat that. The welds are great and comparable to Merlin, litespeed, or moots. I have pics of the welds if you would like to see. Check out the website www.evertibikes.com , you should find out everything. It took about three months to get the frame, but the wait was well worth it. I would recommend this frame to any person looking for a good quality, relatively inexpensive ti frame. I have had the bike for less than a week and put about 100miles on. I am impressed.

·
Soul Mining
390 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
Very nice! Love Ti. Have LS, Mongoose and Airborne, but not familiar with EverTi. Any background info? - TF
I have some friends who ride Everti frames and I shop at one of the original dealers for the brand. It has a very good rep around here. The frames are quite nice, with excellent welds.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I like it

A local shop stocks Everti. The designer is just a few miles down the road in Duncan, BC. So there are a few around here. I really like these frames. There may be one in my future sometime.

S8nt3 said:
Just got this new Ti frame from EverTi and it rides great. It blows my 5200 trek out of the water. what do you think about the bike?
________
Macumba Advice

·
titanium junkie
667 Posts
Nice bike indeed!

The only thing that I would rather not have is the integrated headset, although I do not mind having those headsets with internal cups. Did they weld those water bottle mount bosses onto the frame or are they riveted in place? The chainstay does not seem to have a cross bridge in place, wondering why did they leave it out, as it serves as a stiffener to increase lateral rigidity. Those must be Ksyrium ES wheels, are they not, those Mavics are tougher than nails on the road.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your right!

The water bottle mount bosses are welded into the frame. The integrated headset doesn’t bother me. The wheels are ES, very nice indeed. None of EverTi's bikes have the cross bridge on the chainstay. To tell you the truth I never even noticed until you brought it up. I have ridden the bike now for a little over a week, and haven’t noticed any flex. Possible design flaw, but I can’t tell the difference. I have some welding experience; I can melt down some aluminum cans and fix that real quick, jk. Thanks for the response.

·
titanium junkie
667 Posts
:confused:
S8nt3 said:
The water bottle mount bosses are welded into the frame. The integrated headset doesn’t bother me. The wheels are ES, very nice indeed. None of EverTi's bikes have the cross bridge on the chainstay. To tell you the truth I never even noticed until you brought it up. I have ridden the bike now for a little over a week, and haven’t noticed any flex. Possible design flaw, but I can’t tell the difference. I have some welding experience; I can melt down some aluminum cans and fix that real quick, jk. Thanks for the response.
Welding alumininum to titanium? Hope that was just a joke! Regardless, nice ti frame, nice bike, and I hope you will have a lot of fun with it. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Everti Pheonix Frame

Just purchased an Everti Phoenix Frame and built it up with an Ultegra grouppo. I was a little nervous purchasing the frame sight unseen. I did read the Pez cycling review and any comments I could find on the typical road bike forums. I decided to pull the trigger and placed an order. The frame cost $1475 + $45 S&H. I see the price has increased to $1525 at the time of this writing. It took about 8 weeks for delivery and during this period I emailed Kurt Knock (Everti owner) a couple of times and he responded quickly to my inquiries. Though it took longer than I would have wished...I was very pleased when I finally laid hands to the frame. The frame is much nicer in person than pictures on the web. The welds are very nice, clean and uniform. The overall finish exceeds my expectations and I would place it on par with Litespeed. I'm really glad I didn't buy the litespeed and to save about a grand. The build up went smooth and without any problems. My first ride was 80miles on country roads with rolling hills and I found the frame to be comfortable, stable, and stiff. FYI...I ride about 600miles/month and I'm 69" tall and 175lbs with normal body proportions. The frame size is 55cm (medium) and it fits me perfectly. For anyone who is looking to buy a titanium frame, don't underestimate the Everti Phoenix. I am a completely satisfied!

·
Registered
71 Posts
You're going to love it. I have the Swift model. It was one of two team bikes that they had built(when they were still Epic ti) with double butted tubes to save some weight. Kurt said they did it as an experiment, but decided the cost was too much and stuck with the straight gage tubes. I got my frame and fork (Reynolds Ouzo Pro) for $995 + $45 shipping. I have put about 7K miles on it and love it. I am afraid it will be retired to rain bike status since I just picked up a new 2006 s-works Tarmac. The price was right so I couldn't resist. If you go to the testimonials page on their website I'm the guy standing next to the Sunrise sign.
Congrats and enjoy.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Everti does use bridges between the chainstays

S8nt3 said:
None of EverTi's bikes have the cross bridge on the chainstay. To tell you the truth I never even noticed until you brought it up.
Everti does use cross bridges between the chainstays.

https://www.evertibikes.com/Phoenix_3.jpg

Here is an Everti Phoenix that a guy just bought, look at the 1st picture he posted in the thread and you can clearly see a cross bridge support welded between the chainstays.

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=102523&highlight=everti

Nice bike, but I would be curious to know why they did not weld a cross bridge between the chainstays on your frame. What is the chainstay length?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.