Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting into cycling, and don't know a lot about bikes, but I picked up a bike, and I wanted to try and find out more about it, but when I searched online, I couldn't find anything about it. All I know is that it says MONDIAL, PADOVA on it, and it has Tange Infinity CR-MO tapered double butted tubing. If someone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

· Registered
14,776 Posts
what do you need to know?

how to ride it, how to work the mechanisms, how to maintain it, how to tell what (if anything) is broken, how to fix it, how much it's worth, or . . . ?

I can tell you a few things that probably don't help you: Padova is a place in Italy (usually spelled "Padua" in English). Lots of bikes have been made there for a long time (including a DeBernardi I own). Tange is a Japanese company that has been making quality bicycle frame tubing for a long time. CR-MO is a steel alloy containing chromium and molybdenum to make it stronger.

A description of the components on the bike (including brands and model names/numbers) would be more informative than merely the labels on the frame, since a given frame can be built up with many different types and levels of components.

Do you know how old it is? Did you ask the guy you bought it from?

Edit after seeing Fred's post: I have an old Atala, too. Didn't know it was from Padua (a quick Google search indicates they "are" made there, not "were"). So my stable has an accidental geographic bias. Pretty sure my other bike is from Taiwan, though.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am curious about the make/model, primarily just so I know what I have. The guy I bought it from couldn't tell me the exact date, but it's mid 80's or so. It is currently a sort of navy blue, but I believe that it's been painted, and looking at a scratch it looks as though it was green.

It is fitted with shimano 600 components, it has Modolo Brevettato handlebars. I also just noticed that there's a "735" under the seat post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.