Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I recently got into mountain biking a few months ago and really love it. It's crazy how much I've improved already.

Anyway, it made me realize how much I enjoy biking in general. I'd like to get a separate commuter bike now too. Not a racing bike where I'm all hunched over by any means, just something to get me to work and maybe around some paths with the girl every now and then. I want a separate bike so I'm not always fiddling with the air pressure in my mountain bike.

My mountain bike has disc brakes and I love the stopping power they provide, so I'd like a bike with those. I'd also want to keep it under $500, $600 tops, if possible. Does such a ride exist?

Oh, and I don't want to buy online. I'm definitely still a newbie and NEED the benefits of a lbs.

· rider of odd bikes...
163 Posts
There are many bikes to be had "out there" that fit your needs in your price range. Our LBS here has an '09 Giant Seek 1 on closeout for $599. Just check around out there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.