Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dr. Flats a lot
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats with the levers being so high up on the new dura ace? Also seems like the bends have been totally redone on a number of bars so that it is totally odd to me. Looking at some ITM Millenium Wing bars, and the dura ace levers. The lever hoods were above the flats?!
Seems like a nice idea, but new idea to me.
Any experiences here?

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
They move around, right?

Haven't seen any pictures, so I may be missing something here, but I've probably moved my levers over a range of an inch or more in the last few years, as well as rotating the bars to accommodate my aging and stiffening body or just my whim. A nominal starting point is with the rearward-pointing section of the bars (the open end) aimed at the rear brake and the levers mounted so a straightedge along the bottom of the drops just touches their tips. I adjust from there, though, depending on stem length, bar height, top tube length or just how I'm feeling when I put the bike together. I'm not getting any younger, stronger or more flexible, and I've about given up making myself fit the bike as dictated by Greg or Lance. The bike can fit ME, or it can stay home.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe it's been done before...

but I would like to see different bar and lever positions from folks here. I've seen a wide variety on my rides and always wondered why different people had such setups. I'll try and post a photo of mine when I get home. it would also be nice to see bar height in relation to the seat. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.