Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hammerhead
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved everything over from the venerable CAAD 4. Mix of old and new(er) parts: D/A 9 shifters / brakes, FSA K-Force crank, Deda Blackstick post, Flite saddle. etc...the only new parts for this build were the Thomson stem and 31.8 Easton carbon bars. Wheels are only a couple of months old. The whole shebang weighs in at 16.52 lbs. :thumbsup:

:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
That thing is sweet! I am getting a new Six13 frame under warranty (paint issues), and I kind of wish I had asked for a CAAD8 replacement frame instead of the Six13 Fusion they are sending me to replace my original Six13... I love the Six13, but I kind of miss my CAAD4 R2000 I just sold. I am very jealous...

·
BS the DC
1,426 Posts
I love the look of raw metal. That bike is hot!

·
Hammerhead
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments everybody! It was popular down at the shop too - I don't think anyone had seen the raw alu, not another one around that I know of. It really knocked my socks off when I saw it!

·
Hammerhead
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
offthefront66 said:
Great looking bike but how does it ride? My old CAAD 4 was a bit harsh......how is the CAAD 8...........
It rides a lot smoother than the CAAD 4 - that's what I replaced. Better in every way - smoother, more solid, climbs and accelerates better, crazy quick and accurate handling - I couldn't want anything more!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.