Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the bike shop, i just ordered a new CAAD10 - 4 in white, i originally wanted a black one but they had none in stock and estimated ship date was Dec. i don't think i could stand getting a bike in Dec. then having to sit and look at it for 3 months so i went with the white,

I aslo traded the wheels for a set of the new White Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels

This will be my first road bike i've had for 25 years, hopefully i chose wisely.

Rick

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
great choice, what was the final price for the bike? What about after the wheel upgrade?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i really didn't get any special deal, the bike, wheels, Shimano pedals and shoes + tax was 2300.00 a little over my 2000.00 budget but i wasn't figuring pedals and shoes.

Rick

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good call. I think the white is better in the CAAD10 4. If I got one today, that would be my pick. (I'm driving a 2010 CAAD9 4 now).

Enjoy!

·
What the what???
12,757 Posts
Those are some sexy rims. Excellent choice!

Enjoy the ride and +1 on posting a pic once it's all together.

·
No Bonk Zone
317 Posts
Great selection!
That white on white should look amazing.
So when are you supposed to take delivery of your new bike? (so we can see some pics)
Btw, I train on Ksyrium Equipe wheels, and can attest to their strength, durability, and speed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's suppose to ship tomorrow, from PA. i figure it should be hear by the middle of next week,
i just hope the wheels get here too

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
not to burst your bubble, but i haven't heard of anything more than just "its good" about mavicksyrium equipe wheels. The hubs are the weak link in the wheelset, but they're supposedly a strong rim. But at 1770g, they'd better be damn strong, they're certainly not light

did you have any other choices?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the new 2011 Mavics are suppose to be different, the new Equipe weight in at 1690 grams
so i took a chance on them

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
not to burst your bubble, but i haven't heard of anything more than just "its good" about mavicksyrium equipe wheels. The hubs are the weak link in the wheelset, but they're supposedly a strong rim. But at 1770g, they'd better be damn strong, they're certainly not light

did you have any other choices?

Geezus, leave his bubble alone....it's his first road bike in 25 years, I don't think he's out to claim any land speed or hill climb records. :rolleyes: Spending another $600-800 and dropping his wheel weight to 1500 grams isn't going to make him any faster.

Nice bike, Rick....the white rules! I think you will have a big grin when you ride that machine. Enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Erion929 said:
Geezus, leave his bubble alone....it's his first road bike in 25 years, I don't think he's out to claim any land speed or hill climb records. :rolleyes: Spending another $600-800 and dropping his wheel weight to 1500 grams isn't going to make him any faster.

Nice bike, Rick....the white rules! I think you will have a big grin when you ride that machine. Enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

true, but doesn't he want the best for his money? or does being an uneducated consumer satisfy you?

·
Registered
167 Posts
nice looking choices....I was a little surprised by the white/blue scheme...I thought the prototype pictures we saw were white/black....I guess thats why it was a prototype

·
Registered
423 Posts
cyclust said:
I think the only thing to get dirtier faster than white bar tape would be white rims.
Actually, not the case. I had white DT wheels. the mon whatever the heck it was called - and they didn't get dirty at all - no more than anything else, like a frame for example. The white bar tape, that stuff looks gross real quick.

BTW, add me to the list of those that think those wheels look pimp.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
true, but doesn't he want the best for his money? or does being an uneducated consumer satisfy you?

Maybe he just wanted white wheels? Now how many options are there? It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being uneducated. Not everybody wants, needs, desires, or can afford the lightest wheels. As for ME....I don't need 'em, but I want 'em! :D

To ronderman.....Fizik white bar tape stays white with MINIMAL cleaning.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Erion929 said:
Maybe he just wanted white wheels? Now how many options are there? It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being uneducated. Not everybody wants, needs, desires, or can afford the lightest wheels. As for ME....I don't need 'em, but I want 'em! :D

To ronderman.....Fizik white bar tape stays white with MINIMAL cleaning.

maybe, i'm more of a function > form guy. things need to work superbly before they start to look good. and mavic hubs and their customer support is :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
maybe, i'm more of a function > form guy. things need to work superbly before they start to look good. and mavic hubs and their customer support is :nono: :nono: :nono:

what issues with the mavic hubs are you referring to?

Pretty standard cartridge bearing hubs not unlike those on your S30's.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Haven't had any problem with my Mavic wheels. Have a set of Ksyrium Elites from 2008, with over 8,000 miles on them, and a set of 2010 Cosmic Carbon SLs. They are excellent wheels.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts