Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 30 years off a bike, I just picked up a very clean 2003? CAAD5 Saeco si. It's Ultegra everything with a Campy hiddenset, whatever that is. As a complete novice , I'm not really sure what I have. Can anyone tell me what model this is?

About the only thing I need to do is find a more comfortable seat and figure out if there is a way to raise the handle bar an inch or so. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you could post a pic that would be great. If it is the bike I'm thinking of it is a really nice bike. My team mate has one and I love it. I have a six13 with srm but I told him I'd buy his bike if he ever decides to sell it( I hope he does). Post pics soon please!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Probably a R1000 (or thereabouts)

I have a CAAD 5 from 2002 which had a mix of Shimano 105 and tiagra parts. Because the 53cm frame was specially-order, the factory did not put the R700 decal on it, but the store built it up to the R700 factory specs. You might be able to get on the C'dale website and do a search. In the past, they have archived past years' models. It is a good bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.