Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After all the CAAD9 discussions and a short test ride, I decided to get a CAAD9. I finally got it a few days ago and managed to build last night. Transferred all my components from my 08 Super Six, which is being replaced under warranty.

It's a 48cm with full Dura Ace, Hollowgram SL and Rolf Prima Elan wheels. It comes in at 15.74lbs absent the seat pack but with the bottle cages, pump and pedals. It's on par with the weigh of my 2008 Super Six. Took it for a short ride ~25-28 miles. It screams and it's handling is very stable/precise. Almost reminds me of the handling of the SS6.
View attachment 203133

View attachment 203134

View attachment 203228

View attachment 203229

View attachment 203230

View attachment 203231

View attachment 203232

It's faster than my CAAD4 and handles much better.

CHL

· Registered
1,894 Posts
CHL,

Cool looking bike and it's under 16 Lbs wow. Here is my 08 alum version Caad 9.

· Registered
103 Posts
Nice. Did you buy just the frame, or did you have to swap out the stock components from a complete 9-5?

After initially being repulsed by most of Cannondale's féminine paint scheme's, that's the one my wife has warmed up to, the 9-5. We've had some debate about Synapse or possibly even the Six Féminine 4, but right now that's the front runner. I just got a 9-4, so it would be neat if hers could be SRAM Rival also, but she doesn't really care as much.

· Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI Clueless Morgan:

I bought the frame and fork from my LBS. Transferred everything from my Super Six that is being warrantied right now. The graphics are not gaudy or ridiculous. The flower pattern is quite understated and it appears more as a shadow on the frame instead of really contrasting the raw aluminum. It's a touch of elegance that I haven't seen much in women's frames. Zamboni has seen the white version and he speaks highly of its appearance. I personally love the look of mine, even being of the male gender. This should persuade your wife even more. Even the guys (at least one) like the look of this frame. My girlfriend was surprised that I picked that design but she likes it as well.

CHL

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Nice job CHL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.