Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Italian, and all my kids have Italian names. My wife on the other hand is about as German as they come, tall, red hair, blue eyes.

The postman delivered my new wheels the other day, in a big box with Campagnolo written all over it. My wife walks into the house without missing a beat, and says:

"The postie just dropped off a big box of pasta, must be for you or one of the kids, sure as hell isn't for me" and keeps walking................

Ha Ha !

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Lucky for you, pasta comes in gruppos.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Im Italian, and all my kids have Italian names. My wife on the other hand is about as German as they come, tall, red hair, blue eyes.

The postman delivered my new wheels the other day, in a big box with Campagnolo written all over it. My wife walks into the house without missing a beat, and says:

"The postie just dropped off a big box of pasta, must be for you or one of the kids, sure as hell isn't for me" and keeps walking................

Ha Ha !
Sounds like a keeper, sense of humor and she brings the mail in.

·
Fred the Clydesdale
1,807 Posts
Tullio sent you some pasta?

Thats a nice!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I take it she's not the mother of your children?
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of a wife who doesn't eat pasta. Unfathomable. I'm of Italian descent, my wife German-Irish-Russian. She's a damn good Italian cook. I can't imagine how we'd live without pasta.

Get some of these.
View attachment 282312

·
Registered
23,035 Posts
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of a wife who doesn't eat pasta. Unfathomable. I'm of Italian descent, my wife German-Irish-Russian. She's a damn good Italian cook. I can't imagine how we'd live without pasta.

Get some of these.
Good point. What self respecting German doesn't eat Spaetzle? :confused:

OP... tell her it's Campagnolo Spaetzle.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My wife can't correctly pronounce her last name now. 9 years later, still can't say it right.

We were on a train in Italy once, and she went on about pets, and having two cats, and I had to stop her because everyone was staring with a shocked expression on their faces.

She's got right in to the food though, makes pasta, gnocchi, helps make sauce every year... but still only uses the sauce from the store. :(

Pretty good for someone with the complexion of a blonde snowman, who burns under fluorescent lighting. :)

·
My other bike has knobbys
656 Posts
Throw some Continental tires on them Campy wheels....tell her you've seen the light and will get some German engineering on the bike :) Should earn some brownie points :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My wife can't correctly pronounce her last name now. 9 years later, still can't say it right.

We were on a train in Italy once, and she went on about pets, and having two cats, and I had to stop her because everyone was staring with a shocked expression on their faces.

She's got right in to the food though, makes pasta, gnocchi, helps make sauce every year... but still only uses the sauce from the store. :(

Pretty good for someone with the complexion of a blonde snowman, who burns under fluorescent lighting. :)
Im missing the cats joke here

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.