Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· awwww horseapples!!
416 Posts
You have to give it to c'dale for always coming up with some way to make extending the life of your frame more difficult....if its not the headset, its the bb, et etc.

· Registered
277 Posts
the frame is a decent idea - I believe the 613 frame was around 1000g, so this one is a bit heavier - but don't quote me on that.

The stem is beyond fugly - geesus christ, whoever designed that should be shot. 2 bolts too? Bad idea. and it only comes in 130mm lengths so they missed the 140 boat.

I have no idea of why trek, c-dale, specialized are so eager to put their $hitty components on their bikes - obviously it saves them (makes them more) $$. The carbon cranks only come in 170, 72.5 and 75 lengths. Imagine trying to dump the crappy c-dale crank and stem if you needed longer ones - I'll bet you could'nt give them away.

just when I thought the 613 was a halfway decent ride, now I find out it totally sucks... super... :)

· Registered
177 Posts
That bike with the Ksyrium ES wheels and the paint scheme is SWEET. But I agree, the stem is atrocious. Can't the stem be swapped out with another?

Carlster ... what are you saying about the ride of your Six13? Or were you just being sarcastic?

· Banned
3,317 Posts
I don't like this bike. I much prefer the Six13. I am about to purchase the Six13, and this new bike hasn't changed my mind one iota. Personally, I'd get the Caad8 over this one. I'm not sure why, the System Six just doesn't do it for me at all.

· EuroCrash
485 Posts
FondriestFan said:
I don't like this bike. I much prefer the Six13. I am about to purchase the Six13, and this new bike hasn't changed my mind one iota. Personally, I'd get the Caad8 over this one. I'm not sure why, the System Six just doesn't do it for me at all.
Personally, I'd get the Caad8 over the Six13!

· Registered
354 Posts
The Carlster said:
the frame is a decent idea - I believe the 613 frame was around 1000g, so this one is a bit heavier - but don't quote me on that.

The stem is beyond fugly - geesus christ, whoever designed that should be shot. 2 bolts too? Bad idea. and it only comes in 130mm lengths so they missed the 140 boat.

I have no idea of why trek, c-dale, specialized are so eager to put their $hitty components on their bikes - obviously it saves them (makes them more) $$. The carbon cranks only come in 170, 72.5 and 75 lengths. Imagine trying to dump the crappy c-dale crank and stem if you needed longer ones - I'll bet you could'nt give them away.

I hope some of this was tounge-in-cheek: the Cannondale cranks suck? They are pretty darn stiff-and how many people need 180's? You can get it with DA, or Force cranks if you prefer. They go for alot of $ on ebay, BTW. So do Lefty's (I saw a carbon Lefty sell for $900+), and all of those other "crazy" Cannondale parts that "nobody" likes.

· Registered
2,601 Posts
Cannondale hopes to capture the acceleration of a CAAD8 aluminum frame with the lightness of a Six13
Interesting frame but the above quote from biketech is funny

Acceleration from the aluminum CAAD8 - both my carbon road frames have stiffer rear-ends than the aluminum Cannonball.

Lightness of the Six13 - it weighs heavier than their CAAD8 or even the CAAD7.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.