Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Mario Cipollini is releasing a bicycle frame, and he's causing a stir. My wife thinks that Mario is very good looking and loves this video promotion, so ladies make sure and take a look. Guys, it's some really nice footage of a great ride on a beautiful frame.

·
Registered
520 Posts
hahahah. cipollini is so awesome. i'm not 100% sure if he doesn't take himself too seriously (i think this) or he's just the opposite, but either way this is great.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Cipollini is one of my all time favorites. Full of class and funny as hell. My wife truly enjoyed the shirtless parts. Thus, we both thank you for the link.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Like the design of the frame, but the finish isn't what I would expect from Super Mario. The man who wore a muscle skin suit makes a bare carbon frame? Show some flash!

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Just a few more:

Having a smoke, looking back at the beaten masses, the skinsuit and the world championship picture from my garage. He put McEwan where he belonged.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
omg hawt.

I like how they combined the curving seat tube design cues with the sharper head tube section. There's a few subtle lines on the fame I was digging too - not sure if I missed any of this on an existing bike.

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
I've gathered that in Southern Europe, and a few other places, riding without a helmet is still the natural way to do it. They haven't got the religion yet.

(I cannot ride without a helmet myself)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Great video. Cipollini is ridiculous, and certainly in my top 5 favorite riders of all time. Good lookin' bike too...I may have to get one.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,009 Posts
That's the same frame he's had out for the last couple of years. New colours, it seems. Like his promotion, though. FWIW, he had a team in the giro this past season on the same frame.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sherpa23 said:
That's the same frame he's had out for the last couple of years. New colours, it seems. Like his promotion, though. FWIW, he had a team in the giro this past season on the same frame.

I had no idea he even had any frames out. Shows how "in the know" I am :nonod:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Alaska Mike said:
I want that bike. I want that life.

Anyone else think he's starting to look a little like a classy Italian version of House?

Ha, that was good, but house's knee would crack with that kind of wattage.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Helmet?! With that mane?

My favorite Mario quote was from an interview he did at a New York cycling event years ago. The reporter asked, "Many people say that you are the sexiest man in cycling. Is this true?"

Mario replies, "No,no,no. I am the sexiest man in the world."

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
skyliner1004 said:
dunno the company, but they promote not wearing helmets?
See, back when Cipollini started racing it was optional to wear the helmet in pro races. He is an Italian that likes breaking rules. So think of this as not so much a company, but rather a bicycle created by a retired Italian pro cyclist who is known for breaking rules.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That was the best movie I've seen in a while. It was like watching an historic epic, think 'Galdiator', or 'Troy', but instead of being about epic warfare...it was about a bicycle. Which is even better!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts